Learning more krithis introduces students to new Ragas and also ncrease ones repetoire. This course has 4 wonderful compsotions of different composers and in different Ragas. The student will learn one Varnam, a krithi, a tharangam and also a Devarnama.
The student will learn four songs through this course.
To introduce the student to new krithis and also different formats of Carnatic Music Compositions.
The students should know how to sing all the basic lessons of Carnatic music including swara jathis and a few varnams. Students should be able to sing in a selected pitch and have a good understanding of Tala.
- Raga Nalinakanthi - Mysore Vasudevachar
Narayana Theertha Tharangam
- Raminchuvarevarura - Raga Suphoshini - Tyagaraja
- Ehi Mudam Dehi - Sindhu Bhairavi
- Aadapogona Baro - Suddha Saveri Ragam - Purandara Dasa
At the end of this course every student should be able to
- Sing the three kritis properly in pitch and thala.
- Understand the movement of these three ragas and create their own swara patterns in them.