Voice of Kashmir 2020-21
Shankar Mahadevan Academy
in collaboration with Project Nirmaan
Voice of Kashmir 2020-21
Participating in this Contest is easy!
- Read the Contest Highlights and Terms & Conditions for participation
- Select the Category you wish to participate in – Vocals, Guitar, Piano
- Enroll for the Contest by filling up the Registration Form
- Upload a video of yourself singing/ playing, and share it with us through your account
The winner in each category will get:
- A chance to interact with the maestro Shankar Mahadevan online!
- A free course with Shankar Mahadevan Academy worth Rs 9299 (plus taxes)
- A certificate signed by Shankar Mahadevan
Contest Start Date: 1st December 2020 12:00 PM IST
Contest End Date: 1st March 2021 11:55 PM IST
Contest Participation Fee: INR 150*
The first 100 enries would be sponsored by Project Nirmaan
*Fee is to be paid online via net banking, credit/debit card, digital wallet, UPI.
Terms & Conditions
- This contest is open to individuals above 18 years of age residing in the Kashmir Valley only. Please note, if selected you will be required to submit your Birth and Address proof. If the above criteria are not met, your entry will be disqualified.
- You may submit only one song per registration.
- You need to select the category (Vocals, Piano, Guitar) you want to participate in before enrollment.
- The maximum duration of the rendition should not exceed 5 minutes.
- Audio files in the following format ONLY are allowed - mp3, wma, m4a, amr.
- You can upload/record only a single rendition of your song for feedback. Please ensure that you upload the correct file. No requests for changing the file that you submit initially will be entertained.
- Singers may use a Karaoke track but the voice recording should NOT be processed. Please also do not add any effects to your voice in the post production. Doing so will render your entry to be disqualified.
- If you sing a classical, semi classical or devotional song, please ensure that you use a tanpura drone in the background.
- Each submission gives you access to feedback for one rendition only.
- Multiple songs will be considered as separate entries and the contest enrollment fees will apply for each entry.
- The Academy is not liable for refunding the cost of expert feedback once payment has been made.
- Any complaints related to the feedback will be addressed according to the discretion of the Academy.
- The decision of the Academy judges will be final
- The uploaded content will not be returned to the student and will be archived. The Academy reserves the right to use the rendition as it deems fit.
- For Vocals, songs in any Indian language are allowed. It can be a movie song, an album song or your original composition.
- For instruments, western or Indian numbers are allowed.